SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must be a member, a dependent of a member, an employee of a member firm or a dependent of an employee of a member firm of the HBRA.
- Awards will be given based on merit.
- Applicants must provide a copy of their current transcript showing academic progress and courses taken. During selection, the degree of difficulty of courses taken will be a factor in consideration (i.e. AP courses). All applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.
All applicants must provide a written essay detailing their choice of educational institution, intended course of study, extracurricular activities/areas of interest.
- Applicants must have completed their junior year of high school, or its equivalent, in order to be eligible to apply.
- Applications will be accepted between January 1 and May 15 of the year in which the scholarship will be awarded. Announcement of the award recipients will be made by June 30 each year.
- Once an award is made, recipient must supply The Building Hope Foundation, Inc. with proof of matriculation at the educational institution.
- All payment of awards granted will be made directly to the institution involved for use towards qualified education expenses. Qualified education expenses include tuition & fees and course-related expenses such as books, supplies, and equipment.
- Scholarships are renewed annually. By June 30th each year, the student must provide to The Building Hope Foundation, Inc., evidence of the following: (1) continued attendance at an eligible educational institution; and (2) satisfactory academic progress (C average or better). Failure to renew annually forfeits remainder of scholarship.
- Selection of the recipients is to be made by the Scholarship Committee of The Building Hope Foundation, Inc. and their decision will be final. The Scholarship Committee is comprised wholly of individuals totally separate from The Building Hope Foundation, Inc., its organizer, and members of the HBRA. Any dependents or relatives of members of the The Building Hope Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors, Scholarship Committee or substantial contributors are ineligible for scholarship awards.
Scholarship awards will be $1000 each, renewable for a total of four years (per Item 7 above) for a total scholarship award, per recipient, of $4000. Click HERE
to download the scholarship application